27 Sep 3 Copywriting Ideas To Capture Attention
You literally have seconds to grab the reader’s attention on any of your web pages, which means you need to have content that is exciting and engaging. Without good content, you simply won’t be able to drive enough traffic to your site, which means you lose out on valuable SEO as Google and other search engines regard this as a ranking factor. Visitors who take the time to read your content are far more likely to turn into genuine leads and conversions for your business, which is your ultimate goal at the end of the day. Here are some copywriting ideas from a Sydney SEO company to help you capture the attention of your audience.
Cover everything the audience needs to hear
It’s important that your content is able to cover topics your audience is passionate about. For example, if you notice a certain problem in the industry, then perhaps your content can be written in a way that offers a clear solution. Consider the following:
- Make sure your content covers a problem and offers solutions and actions to solve it so your audience is able to get real value from what you’re communicating.
- Explain why your readers need to fix their problems. Show them there’s a way to do it without it being too hard.
- Conclude your content with an action, which could be signing up, getting more information – literally anything that you want the reader to do.
When it comes to good content, don’t just write what you want your audience to hear about. Take the time to identify topics they are keen to learn more about and give it to them. You’ll have a far greater chance of engaging with your customers this way.
Use powerful and gripping language
Have you found yourself reading something and unable to turn away? This is exactly the kind of content you want to give your own audience. Consider the following:
- Use power words – power words are not just everyday words; they make you feel something.
- Use words that will get people to sit up and pay close attention to your brand.
- Use persuasive language that inspires your readers into the action you want.
- Power words can increase the amount of time readers spend on your website.
- Be concise with your content so people stay hooked without feeling like it is never ending.
- Eliminate useless/powerless words that mean nothing you to your readers and drive no action – this means getting rid of the fluff and fillers. Use tools to remove meaningless words so your content is more punchy and compelling.
- Use a tone that resonates best with your type of audience. For example, if your readers are more casual, write in a tone that appeals to the way they speak. The more your content sounds like the way your readers speak, the more they will engage with your pages.
Make sure the words you use drive emotion, excitement and ultimately action – use powerful and gripping language to get the results you want.
Use tools to hep you make your writing even better
What’s a good thing about being a copywriter today? You have plenty of tools, at your fingertips, to help you make your writing even better. Consider the following:
- Remember your first draft won’t always be your best so take the time to go over it with a fine toothcomb and make changes needed using the right tools.
- Some of the most common issues with content include using too many adverbs, using the passive voice and poor readability. Catch these problems using the right tools to help you simplify and make your language more straightforward.
- Fix complicated sentences with simpler alternatives so your readers don’t get confused or put off while going through your pages.
- People don’t like reading technical jargon so use these tools to your advantage by finding better words to convey the same message and keep your audience engaged.
These tools can help you eliminate some of the unintentional mistakes with your writing, but it is important that you do your own read through loudly to understand how to stacks up against other pieces available on the Internet. The easier your content is to read, the more engaged your readers will be.
Remember, you have only a few seconds to get the attention of your readers. This is a short span of time, so your content needs to be snappy and engaging. Get to the point quickly and make sure you write about things people want to hear about.